Nutrition to Sustain your Fitness



Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a restful weekend and is prepared to conquer the week! I was very fortunate this weekend to have my parents come over. We finally had a chance to catch up and they cooked us such a nice meal with so much leftover to freeze for the next few weeks.

Last week I started my pediatrics rotation after finishing an awesome month of learning on surgery. I definitely know surgery isn't my passion, but I did enjoy my month learning, seeing different procedures and surgeries. That said, I am relieved to have my nails back and to not worry about scrubbing in for a surgery everyday! 

While last month was a whirlwind from irregular hours and copious amounts of traveling, I tried my best to stay active in my fitness routine and maintain a balanced diet. As much of my time was spent on the go, I resorted to fitting in short meals or nutrient dense snack in between cases or clinic time. Generally I stick to nuts, seeds, fresh fruit when I can get it, and protein bars to fuel me through until my workout. 

A quick and available option that I have been trying lately is the GoMacro protein bars. I have certain dietary restrictions and it can be hard to find a product that will agree with my body. These are gluten free, organic, vegan, soy free and come in a variety of great flavors.  

What products do you use to sustain your workout days?

XOXO,
Carolyn


** Disclaimer: I am not receiving compensation by any of the brands or companies represented. ** 

Comments

Popular Posts